It’s back to school time! Teachers are looking forward to getting back into the classroom and meeting new students. But before they get back to work, give them a back-to-school teacher gift that will help make their year easier. This blog post includes a free SVG file for backpacks, t-shirts, or coffee mugs that can be cut with Cricut Maker 3 or Explore 3in minutes.
Why teachers deserve gifts?
Teachers deserve gifts for a variety of reasons. They are under-appreciated and overworked. It’s important to show teachers that we care about what they do, that they’re appreciated, and that we want to support them. Teachers make a huge difference in our world–we should be grateful for their service, so it’s important to give back by showing how much we appreciate them with a thoughtful gift this year!
Teachers are always looking for new ways to engage students during the school year. Giving them gifts that will help make their lives easier and more enjoyable as they work hard this back-to-school season is a wonderful way to show your appreciation!
What makes the perfect back-to-school teacher gift?
The perfect back-to-school teacher gift is something that teachers need but won’t usually buy themselves–like nice new pens and stationery! But you can also get creative and think of other things like sticky notes with encouraging quotes on them; water bottles; new books for their classroom library; or even plants in motivational planters.
A personalized tote bag with school supplies is a seriously awesome back-to-school gift. Teachers can use it to carry their things in and some bags even have pockets for pencils or pens. Just fill the tote with whatever supplies you think your teacher might need this year–pens, notebooks, sticky notes–and voila!
Teachers are so important. Let’s show them how much they mean by giving back-to-school gifts that will help make their year easier.
What to fill the back-to-school gift tote with?
There are so many things to fill this personalized tote with! Here are a few possibilities:
- Pens, pencils, and sticky notes for all those last-minute lesson plans
- Notebooks to organize lessons and plan out the year ahead of them
- Inspirational sticky notes
- A water bottle for those long hours in the classroom
- New books to add to their library
- Instant coffee and coffee mug
- Flavored water and custom tumbler
- Stationery–nice pens and stationery
- Paints, paintbrushes, and canvases
- Crayons and other basic craft supplies
The options are almost endless!
How to make a back to school tote
Cricut’s newest machines, the Maker 3 and Explore 3, are perfect for cutting out this free SVG file. All you need is a computer and the internet to get started!
Once you’ve downloaded the free SVG file, open it in your Design Space software, resize according to your tote dimensions, and then cut it on your Cricut digital cutter from heat transfer vinyl.
After the cut is complete, use a heat press (I’m a fan of this one!) to adhere the design to the front of any tote bag. You can, of course, use a tote of your preference. This one is similar to the one I used and I love that it’s made from recycled materials!
Now you’re all set with a back-to-school tote bag that your teacher will love!
If you’re not a fan of this SVG design, don’t forget to check out some of the other back to school projects we have available: 10 Back To School Cricut Projects You’ll Love!, Back To School Personalized Masks with Cricut Infusible Ink, Back To School Cactus Bookmarks Free Printable.
Want more back to school free svg files?
I’ve partnered with some amazing bloggers to offer tons of free SVG files that are perfect for the back-to-school season! Just click on the links below to download from their sites.
- School Rocks Pennant – Persia Lou
- Apple Library Card – Amy Robison
- Readers Are Leaders – Crafting Overload
- Pencil Mini Pinata – Studio Xtine
- School Supplies Are My Love Language – Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Pencil Earrings – Oh Yay Studio
- Welcome Back Class – Gina C. Creates
- First Day Vibes – Pen + Posh
- Back to School Tee – Kayla Makes
- Back to School with Crayon, Marker, Pencil – Poofy Cheeks Blog
- Coffee, Coffee, Teach – Crafty Life Mom
- Cross Stitch Cut File – Liz on Call
- School Bus Box Card – The Bearded Housewife
- Home Sweet Homeschool – The Walnut Street House
- Be True To Your School – Sunshine and Munchkins
- The Future of the World Is In My Classroom – Lettered by Stephanie
- First Day of School – Tam’s Sweet Life
- Welcome Back to School Garland – Spot of Tea Designs
- Color Outside the Lines – Simply Made Fun
- Back to School Teacher Gift Tote – Tried & True Creative
We hope you enjoyed this idea for a back-to-school teacher gift. If you have a favorite go-to gift, please share it in the comments! And if you’re still looking for more inspiration, be sure to check out these other teacher appreciation gifts: