It’s that time of year again! Time to get in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit with some free SVG files for your Cricut machine. Whether you’re looking to make fun party decor or a festive shirt, we’ve got you covered with over 20 different files. I’ll be using my handy Cricut machine, but you can use the files with other cutting machines as well. So get ready to celebrate St. Patty’s Day in style!
History of St. Patrick’s Day
St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated each year on March 17th, but where does this tradition originate? Well, it all started with St. Patrick himself! He was born Maewyn Succat in Roman Britain around 385 A.D. When he was 16 years old, he was kidnapped by Irish pirates and sold into slavery in Ireland. For two years, he worked as a shepherd. Then, he escaped back to Britain and studied Christianity under the direction of St. Germain at Auxerre in France for several years. He became ordained as a priest around 415 A.
A few years after he returned to France, Patrick became an abbot at the monastery in Lérins. After many years of missionary activity around Gaul, Patrick was summoned by the Pope to appear in Rome. The traditional date for this summons is 460 A.D., but some modern scholars argue that it could have been closer to 499 or The authorities imprisoned him in Rome for a while. Still, it is believed that he made a miraculous escape and fled north to Burgundy. From there, many stories circulated of his travels back to Ireland, where he baptized and converted many.
Now that you’re educated on St. Patrick’s storied life let’s get into that green spirit with some excellent St. Patrick’s Day free svg files!
Why I love my Cricut!
You can find all the links to these files below, but I’ll give you my reasons for loving Cricut so much. My Cricut is seriously my favorite craft toy! It’s so stinking fun and makes crafting way more enjoyable. You can create so many different types of projects with it, but it’s mainly used to cut out paper and vinyl, make shapes and stencils, and all kinds of stuff like that.
With my Cricut, I can create custom vinyl stickers for my laptop or car decor. I also use it to make designs on t-shirts (I finally know how to make those cool stitched-looking designs on the front of shirts!). I can make stencils for painting projects and designs on wood signs. And probably my favorite part, I use it to cut out paper and vinyl shapes like cute shamrocks.
Cricut is the easiest way to create custom crafts! So if you don’t have a Cricut machine yet, why are you waiting??
Now, let’s get into these awesome free files!
How to Use SVG Files
There are many different ways you can put these St. Patrick’s Day free svg files. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Use the Cricut machine to cut out vinyl stencils.
- Make your own flair for clothes or hats (you know you want a St. Paddy’s day hat, right?).
- Scrapbook paper! These would be perfect for scrapbooking! Just print, cut, and glue onto your pages.
- Decorate your clothes, hats, shoes, bags, etc. with St. Paddy’s day flair!
- Label your cups – perfect for holiday parties!
- Cut images to use as bookmarks, decorate gift tags, or other St. Patrick’s Day party crafts
- Make cute little gifts to give to friends or coworkers.
Grab the Free Rainbow Hearts File
If you’re already a member of the Tried & True Creative Library, you can use the password sent to you in the welcome email to login and download this file immediately!
Not a member yet?! Just enter your info below and we’ll make sure to send the password right over. You’ll be able to download this design as well as all of our other free files.
List of 20+ Free SVG Files
I’ve partnered with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you this list of St. Patrick’s day free SVG files! Just click on the links below to be taken to each blog where you’ll be able to download the files.
- St. Patrick’s Day Paper Glasses from Persia Lou
- Shamrock Circle from Crafting Overload
- So Very Lucky from Studio Xtine
- Little Lassie from Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Rainbow Stencil from Oh Yay Studio
- St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Sign from Gina C. Creates
- Happy Go Lucky from Poofy Cheeks
- Gold Coins Jar Treats from Me and My Inklings
- I’m a Lucky Charm from Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Lucky Mama from Crafty Life Mom
- Lucky Charms from Liz on Call
- Feeling Lucky from My Designs in the Chaos
- Lucky Charm from Weekend Craft
- St. Patrick’s Day Stepper Card from The Bearded Housewife
- Lucky Vibes Only from The Walnut Street House
- Shamrock with Heart Cupcake Topper from Sunshine and Munchkins
- Feelin’ Lucky from Lettered by Stephanie
- Lucky Charm from Craftara Creates
- Leprechaun Lollipop Holder from Spot of Tea Designs
- Feeling Lucky from Simply Made Fun
- Heart Rainbow from Tried & True Creative
Want more St. Patrick’s Day Projects?
I love creating projects that celebrate the Irish in all of us! Here are a few of my favorites:
Final Thoughts on St. Patrick’s Day SVG Files
Now you can join in on all the fun with St. Patrick’s Day decorations! These files are perfect for anyone who wants to make St. Paddy’s day crafts, decorate their party supplies, make gifts for friends and coworkers, or even use some of these fantastic shapes as bookmarks or labels. How will you use these St. Patrick’s Day free svg files? Let me know in the comments below! I’d love to see all of your projects and crafts!