This post contains affiliate links. I receive a small percentage of your purchase (at no cost to you!) through these links which helps me continue to offer original tutorials and free printables!
My Max Monster turns three today and we’re having a little family get-together to celebrate! He’s absolutely insane about The Wizard of Oz right now so there will be quite a few rainbows happening around our house tonight. I made this “No Place Like Home” Art for the party with two of my favorite scrapbooking supplies…washi tape and my Cricut Maker!
1. Lay out your washi tape in the desired pattern. This part can be somewhat time consuming but it’s absolutely mindless work. Kinda nice to zone out every once and a while.
2. Trim off excess washi and using the free “There’s No Place Like Home” Art File (download below), cut out the words with either your cutting machine or craft knife. I used the installed “Clear Sticker Paper” settings to cut through just the washi tape and not the sticker paper. You’re going to have to play with the settings a bit if you want to cut through the sticker paper like I did in my Happy Place Washi Stickers tutorial.
3. Begin weeding out the extra pieces of washi from around the letters. This is going to take a while so I highly suggest doing it while watching a movie or listening to a book. Just go slow and make sure you don’t accidentally pull up any pieces you don’t need to!
4. And you’re done! You now have a super cute No Place Like Home Art to frame as is or remove the white backing and you can even stick it to a window or wall. A great way to remember that, indeed, there’s no place like home!
Members of the Tried & True Library can use their password and download the free file immediately. Not a member yet? Just enter your info below and we’ll email you the password!
Hope you enjoy making this “There’s No Place Like Home” art!
More Fun Projects
- Cup of Tea Print
- Harry Potter Library Bag
- Washi Tape Hair Pins
- Be Kind Free SVG File & Printable
- World Map Wall Art DIY