Growing up, we always had a family dog so when it came time for me to have a family of my own, it was always just a given that we would be surrounded by at least one furry canine. Until recently, when one of our sweet puppies passed away (I say “puppy” but he was actually an amazing 16 year old elderly dog), we had three wonderful rescue dogs that were truly part of the family. I partnered with Freshpet, an all natural pet food made with fresh ingredients, to bring you this super easy tutorial on how to make a Faux Chalkboard Dog Leash Holder that’s worthy of your best friend!
Before we get to the tutorial, I wanted to say a few words about the awesomeness of Freshpet and the crazy reaction my dogs had to this refrigerated natural dog food that, seriously, smelled exactly like a home cooked meal. In fact, I’m super sensitive to all smells right now and for the first time, feeding my dogs totally didn’t make me gag like usual. That is some fresh food, I tell you!
My absolute favorite thing about Freshpet is the fact that they never use artificial or chemical preservatives in their dog food. You’re not going to see “chicken meal” listed in this ingredient list! Our dogs contribute so much to the happiness of this family, giving them nutritious natural food is the least we can do. Plus seeing their sweet little faces, all eager for their next meal, is so precious! You can learn more about the benefits of a fresh diet on the Freshpet website.
The only thing my dogs love just as much as Freshpet dog food is going on their morning walk. We live on an acre of land so they have a fairly large backyard but they still need the variety and exercise that only a walk can give. I was tired of losing their leashes all over the place so I quickly put together this easy Faux Chalkboard Dog Leash Holder that will hang near our back door. Now I’ll know exactly where their leashes are every morning!
Faux Chalkboard Dog Leash Holder
- Decorative Chalkboard
- Free “Let’s Go On A Walk” Printable
- Graphite Paper
- White Paint Pen
- Fine Sandpaper
- 2 Large Cup Hooks
- Trim the free “Let’s Go On A Walk” printable and insert onto chalkboard with graphite paper underneath. You may have to resize according to your chalkboard.
- Trace around the printable with a pen or pencil, making sure to press hard enough that the graphite will transfer.
- Once complete, remove papers and trace and fill graphite markings with white paint pen.
- Allow paint to dry completely before going over the letters lightly with extra fine sandpaper. Use a cloth to remove excess dust.
- Screw cup hooks into the bottom.
- Hang near the door to keep all your walking supplies readily accessible.
Don’t you love how a little bit of fine sandpaper transforms permanent paint to look exactly like chalkboard art? You’ll never have to worry about this chalkboard being wiped clean, it’ll always be a great looking place to store your leashes. Hope you enjoy making a Faux Chalkboard Dog Leash Holder for your home and don’t forget to give Freshpet natural dog food a try!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.