Growing up, we always had a family dog so when it came time for me to have a family of my own, it was always just a given that we would be surrounded by at least one furry canine. Until recently, when one of our sweet puppies passed away (I say “puppy” but he was actually an amazing 16 year old elderly dog), we had three wonderful rescue dogs that were truly part of the family.
How do you say “no” to that super sweet face wanting to go out for a walk?! Answer: You DON’T!
Faux Chalkboard Dog Leash Holder
- Decorative Chalkboard
- Free “Let’s Go On A Walk” Printable
- Graphite Paper
- White Paint Pen
- Fine Sandpaper
- 2 Large Cup Hooks
- Trim the free “Let’s Go On A Walk” printable and insert onto chalkboard with graphite paper underneath. You may have to resize according to your chalkboard.
- Trace around the printable with a pen or pencil, making sure to press hard enough that the graphite will transfer.
- Once complete, remove papers and trace and fill graphite markings with white paint pen.
- Allow paint to dry completely before going over the letters lightly with extra fine sandpaper. Use a cloth to remove excess dust.
- Screw cup hooks into the bottom.
- Hang near the door to keep all your walking supplies readily accessible.
Watch the video below to see just how easy this Faux Chalkboard Dog Leash Holder is to make!
There are tons of way s to customize this project to fit your dog! Don’t you love how a little bit of fine sandpaper transforms permanent paint to look exactly like chalkboard art? You’ll never have to worry about this chalkboard being wiped clean, it’ll always be a great looking place to store your leashes. Hope you enjoy making a Faux Chalkboard Dog Leash Holder for your home!