Spring is just around the corner and if you’re like me, you’re getting the itch to start planning and planting your garden! Depending on where you live, it might be a little bit too early to plant anything in the ground so why not get a head start on your garden with these lovely Chalkboard Planters made with FolkArt stencils!
– FolkArt Stencil (Bird)
– FolkArt Paint (Seashell Pink, Buttercream, Apple Orchard)
– FolkArt Chalkboard Paint
– FolkArt Medium Spouncer
– Sponge Brush
– Terra Cotta Pots
– White Spray Paint
– Mod Podge Sealant (Gloss)
– Spray Adhesive
1. Gather supplies. Pre-treat each pot with a light coat of white spray paint. Allow to dry completely.
2. Using light and even strokes, apply the first layer of acrylic paint. Allow each coat to dry completely before applying additional layers. I had to use three coats before I was happy with the coverage.
6. Using the spouncer, dab a thin layer of the chalkboard paint over the stencil. Resist the temptation to apply too much paint at once! It’ll soak under the stencil and make the image look messy. Wait until the paint has dried completely before applying the second coat. Carefully remove stencil.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 with any additional pots.
Now you’ll never forget what seeds you planted because you’ll have your handy chalkboard label to remind you. Happy planting!
Check out all the other fun things you can do with Plaid stencils:
Don’t forget to keep in contact with Plaid:
Plaid on Twitter
Follow Plaid on Pinterest