This time of year is always difficult for me as far as decorating goes. Do I put up Thanksgiving decorations even though they’ll only be up for a couple weeks or do I go straight for Christmas and bypass one of my favorite holidays? We’ve been so busy this year, I decided to go with the third option…put out both at the same time with a Reversible Thanksgiving & Christmas Faux Chalk Deer!
I absolutely fell in love with this Standing Wood Deer Figurine over at Consumer Crafts. It’s such a beautiful cutout that I knew would be perfect for the holidays but I couldn’t decide which holiday to make it for. Why not both?! One side says “Giving Thanks” and the other, “Joyeux Noel.” So, when Thanksgiving is over, all I have to do is switch out the grapevine wreath for a frosted sisal one, flip the deer over and now I’m ready for Christmas! So easy, right?
Now if only I could figure out how to make Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner reusable! 😀
Reversible Thanksgiving & Christmas Faux Chalk Deer
– Unfinished Standing Wood Deer Figurine
– Americana Multi-Surface Paint (Black Tie)
– Americana Multi-Surface Paint (Warm White)
– White Graphite Paper
– White Paint Pen
– Grapevine Wreath (2″)
– Frosted Sisal Wreath (2.14″)
– Extra Fine Sandpaper
1. Paint the deer portion of the wood cutout with black paint. Allow to dry completely.
2. Trace the deer outline onto a piece of paper and draw out the letters. You can also use a printed font.
3. Cut out deer outline and position over wood deer with a piece of transfer in between. Trace over your words to transfer the design.
Partying with: Made By You Mondays