This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Aloha, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #myAloha and #AlohaMoment http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I don’t know about you guys but the holidays wreck havoc on my system, both physically and mentally. Too much work, not enough sleep. Too much sugar, not enough veggies. Too much wine, not enough water. I’ve really made an effort to live healthier this past year and I’m determined not to let the holidays knock me off course!
I adapted my Healthy Biscochos recipe to make these Mint Chocolate Protein Balls and they come together just as easy! They’re raw, vegan, gluten-free, low sugar, and thanks to Aloha Premium Protein Powder, packed full of awesome protein. I’m stocking up on these at home so that I don’t feel quite so bad drinking that second (or third!) glass of eggnog when we’re out and about!
If you’ve ever made protein balls before, you know just how they are to make! You’re essentially putting all the ingredients into a food processor and then forming small balls out of them. AND THAT’S IT. I rolled mine around in crumbled candy canes but you can definitely omit that step if you’d like. Don’t worry about making these too small. Because they’re packed full of ingredients and protein, they are super filling from the first bite!
Healthy Peppermint Chocolate Protein Balls
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/3 cup Aloha Premium Protein Powder Chocolate 1 packet
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 small candy canes optional
- Blend dried coconut in food processor for 1 minute.
- Add walnuts, sea salt, Aloha Premium Protein Powder, and cocoa powder until you have a fine meal.
- While the coconut meal is rotating, drip the coconut oil, maple syrup, and peppermint extract into the food processor and mix until smooth.
- Use your hands to form small 2" wide balls (stick mixture in fridge for 10 minutes if you can't get it to stick.)
- (Optional) Place protein balls in fridge for 15 minutes, remove and roll in crushed candy canes.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve
Since we’re vegetarians, I’m very proactive about keeping our protein intake up. Adding Aloha Premium Protein Powder not only upped the nutritional value of these Peppermint Chocolate Protein Balls but also added another layer to the rich chocolate goodness.
I love that while my kids snack on these “treats,” they’re also intaking proteins that come from whole foods naturally rich in nutrients, with no added chemical amino acids, vitamins, or minerals, and no artificial flavors, sweetenners or fillers. My kids love the taste and I love what’s going in their bodies!
Hope you and your family enjoy these Mint Chocolate Protein Balls…they’ll taste great with a cup (or two) of eggnog! Want to give Aloha Premium Protein Powder a risk-free try? You can sign up for a free 14 day trial where you’ll get two packets each of the chocolate and vanilla powder to taste and enjoy (while supplies last)!