It really doesn’t get any easier than this Christmas Countdown for Kids! It’s a great (and inexpensive!) project to make with a large group of children. Perfect for a classroom or craft group!
Making this Santa Christmas Countdown for Kids is ridiculously easy. It’s so easy you can probably just look at the image above and pretty much figure out how to make it. I seriously love projects that are that easy!
The hardest part may be finding the perfect plates for this project. I found these Santa paper plates at Walmart and immediately fell in love with their vintage look! If you can’t find these exact same plates, most of the big box stores carry something similar.
Perfect Santa Paper Plates for Christmas Countdown for Kids:
- Santa paper plates – Walmart
- Paper Santa Face Plates – Target
- Santa Claus Paper Plates – Amazon
- Christmas Crew Santa Plates – Oriental Trading Co.
- Holly Santa Christmas Party Plates – Michael’s
Check out this video on how to make this Santa Christmas Countdown for Kids or see tutorial below!
Easy Santa Christmas Countdown for Kids!
- Use black marker to add numbers to the beard section. You can also add a name to the top of the plate as well. Totally optional but I think it looks cute!
- Punch a hole at the top of the countdown and tie a piece of string to hang with.
- Kids can countdown to Christmas by gluing a cottonball on top of each number. They'll have so much fun counting down to the big day!
Time to Countdown!
There are few days in the year that are more exciting than Christmas for kids. It’s no wonder why they love marking off the days on Christmas countdowns!
This project would be great for a classroom to work on because it’s super easy to assemble and only requires a few basic supplies. Depending on the plates you buy, this Christmas Countdown for Kids could be made for less than $0.40 each!
When you’re making a project for a large group of kids, every penny counts. I love that this one is both inexpensive and cute!