I’ve always loved making Christmas Countdowns but now with two little kids who eagerly anticipate Christmas morning, countdowns are even more fun! Last year I made Santa’s Christmas Countdown so this year I decided to go a little bit more sophisticated and whipped up this little flip calendar with the help of We R Memory Keepers.
The great thing about this tutorial is that you can totally customize it to fit your personality and needs. I used some scrapbook paper I had on hand but there are seriously so many different seasonal papers out there, your options are almost endless!
I created this tutorial as a member of Lifestyle Studios. Feel free to use my super secret code “TRIEDTRUE” for 20% off any purchase at the We R Memory Keepers/Lifestyle store! This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience and to assist in the maintenance of this site.
Christmas Countdown Flip Calendar
- We R Memory Keepers Perpetual Calendar Kit
- The Cinch Book Binding Kit
- Scrapbooking Paper and Supplies
- Spray Adhesive or Xyron Sticker Machine
1. Assemble your supplies. The great thing about the Perpetual Calendar Kit is that, outside of the embellishments, it has everything you’ll need to make this flip calendar. Since we’re not making a full calendar, you’ll only need 11 of the flaps that come with the kit. (I have another great project coming up that will put the extra flaps to good use!)
2. Cut paper to fit the size of the flaps and base. You can use spray adhesive or a Xyron Sticker Machine to apply the paper to the flaps. I highly recommend the Xyron. It does the job of spray adhesive but without any of the mess! Apply numbers 1 & 2 to two of the flaps and 0-9 to the other ten.
3. Follow the instructions included in the kit to punch the holes at the top of the calendar base and flaps. I love this step! The feel of the machine punching through the heavy board is addictive! Assemble the entire piece with flaps 0-9 and flaps 1-2 in the proper descending order.
4. Use various scrapbook embellishments to decorate the side of the calendar. I used a couple pieces of die cut paper over a pretty ribbon and some sticker letters to make the main label. Fake holly glued together with a small red bell added the final touch!
I know December starts tomorrow but you’ve got plenty of time to work on your own countdown calendar! Hope you enjoy making it and as always, I’d love to see your creations on the Tried & True Facebook page!