This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience and to assist in the maintenance of this site.
Ok, I admit it…I’m a bit of hoarder when it comes to vintage fabric. I can’t help it. The sight of old floral curtains or a mid-century children’s bedspread makes me absolutely weak in the knees! The bins and bins of fabric in my garage are starting to tower over me so I think it’s time to either start selling (Tried & True Mercantile?) or using it. This Vintage Fabric Memo Board is a great way to use up and display some of my favorite fabric pieces!
I found these wonderfully huge 14″ embroidery hoops at the thrift store the other day and ended up bring four of them home. (Yes, four of them. It’s a disease.) They may be great for working on embroideries but they’re awesome for a quick memo board!
I used my Silhouette Cameo to add the phrase “Good Morning, Sunshine!” to my vintage fabric (which was a curtain in it’s past life). I had considered leaving the fabric plain but this super cheery and bright fabric was just screaming to have a positive message added to it. Might be kinda annoying if you’re not a morning person but it works for me!
After the vinyl has cooled down, I just sandwiched the fabric in the hoop, trimmed the edges, and secured to the back with a glue gun. All that was left to do was pop in a pre-cut foam core board circle and hang! You might want to buy a piece of cork-backed foam core if you’re planning on using your memo board often. More than likely, mine will be mostly decorative with pictures and notes I’ll forget to change out but at least I’ll put some of my vintage fabric to good use!
- No-Sew Valentine’s Day Pillows by A Tossed Salad Life
- No-Sew Interchangeable Fabric Bunting by unOriginal Mom
- Monogrammed Burlap Garden Flag by The Turquoise Home
- Crawl, Walk, Bike by It’s Always Craft Time
- Freezer Paper Stenciled Tote Bags by Weekend Craft
- DIY Bleach Spray Shirt by Practically Functional
- Stenciling Sherlock by Please Excuse My Craftermath…
- Felt Star Wands by Cutesy Crafts
- Yoda Kid’s T-Shirt by Architecture of a Mom
- Mark Your Territory- Dog Flags by Black and White Obsession
- Nautical Pillows by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
- Big Sister Gift & Silhouette Cut File by Creative Ramblings
- Nerdy Baby Onesies + Free Cut File by Essentially Eclectic
- Easy Easter Bunny Onesie – Silhouette Cameo Craft by Adventures in All Things Food & Family
- Fabric Envelopes for LEARNING LETTERS! (& cut file) by From Wine to Whine
- “Good Morning, Sunshine!” Memo Board by Tried & True
- Hearts-A-Lot Burlap Pillow Cover by My Paper Craze
- Baby Quilt by Dragonfly & Lily Pads
- Surprise Holiday Banner by Whats Next Ma
- “Team Betty” Tote Bag by The Thinking Closet
- DIY Sock Minion by Create it. Go!
- Pretty Up Some Organza Bags by Getsilvered
- Easy Heart Appliqued Onsies by Create & Babble
- Bleach Pen Gel & Freezer Paper Stencils Made with the Silhouette Machine by Bringing Creativity 2 Life
- Valentines Baby Onesie & Boy’s Shirt + Free Cut Files by The Frill of Life
- Valentine’s OWL Always Love You T-shirt by My Favorite Finds
- DIY Screen Printed Curtains by Chicken Scratch NY
- Fabric Painted Quilted Wall Hanging by Terri Johnson Creates
- Glitter Iron-On Top by Simply Kelly Designs
- DIY Monogrammed T-shirts with Silhouette Heat Transfer Material by Pitter and Glink
- Birthday Challenge by Fadville
- Machine Applique with SIlhouette Cameo by The Sensory Emporium
- Fabric Applique Valentine’s Day T-Shirt by DailyDwelling
- “Cute as Cupid” shirt by crafts, cakes, and cats
- Sew Cute Applique by Life After Laundry
- Rhino Onesie by It Happens in a Blink
- Upcycled Birchbox Cameo Accesory Organizer by Cupcakes&Crowbars
- Customizing textiles with Heat Transfer Vinyl (working title) by feto soap
- Easy Fabric Art by McCall Manor
- Lady Bug Tote Bag with Silhouette Rhinestones by Ginger Snap Crafts
- Mommy and Em’s Coordinated Aprons by TitiCrafty
- Canvas sketch project and a share by Clever Someday
- Foxy Lady Pajamas by Mabey She Made It
- Teddy Bear by Work in Progress