We have some good friends who just moved into a beautiful new house so to celebrate them, I thought I would post a super quick and easy housewarming gift that I originally wrote for Crafts Unleashed. Congrats, Chris & Rosemary!
So, a good friend is moving to a new house and you need a quick gift to congratulate her on the big move? You can whip up these super cute bird pushpins in under 20 minutes with just a few basic craft supplies. Pair them with a small cork board and you’ve got the perfect gift to help organize her new house!
Materials for the bird pushpins housewarming gift idea:
– Micro Mini Mushroom Birds (I used two packages for a total of six birds)
– Embossing Tool (or any other blunt pointed tool)
– Map Pushpins
– Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue
– Small Bird Nest (optional)
– Small Cork Board (optional)
1. Use your embossing tool to carefully poke a hole the size of a map pin head in the bottom of your bird. Take your time and don’t hurt yourself. Bird pushpins with blood dripping from them…not so cute!
2. Fill hole with a dot of glue and insert map pin. Add more glue to the outside edge if necessary.
4. (Optional) If you plan on gifting these, simply add them to a small nest and wrap in clear cellophane. A small, handwritten note congratulating the homeowner on their “New Nest” adds the perfect touch of warmth to this handmade gift. Hope you enjoy!