We’ve hit the triple digits over here in Texas and I’m already daydreaming about pumpkin patches and hot apple cider…and it’s not even technically Summer yet! We totally use this Reusable Summer Bucket List that I originally wrote for Crafts Unleashed to help me keep my head in the game and enjoy fun Summer activities with my kiddos (even if I’m sweating buckets!)
Summer is coming and those of you with kids are probably already wondering what you’re going to do with them for two whole months. Why not make a Summer Bucket List to make sure you squeeze in all those fun summertime activities? And then in August, as you walk the kids to their first day of school, you can erase the entire list and pack it away to reuse next year!
Supplies need to make your own reusable summer list:
- Hanging Chalkboard
- Paint Pens
- Chalk Pen
- Lodge Rusted Tin Shapes
- Strong Glue
- Transfer Paper
- “Summer Bucket List” Free Printable
1. Print out the “Summer Bucket List” Free Printable. Sandwich a piece of the transfer paper between the chalkboard and printable, use a pencil to trace around the letters.
3. Use extra fine sandpaper to lightly distress the image. Don’t worry if you sand too much, you can go back over the letters with your paint pen.
4. Glue the rusted tin embellishments in place. Remove the black cord that may come with the chalkboard. If thin enough, re-thread the jute through the existing holes. If the holes are too small (like pictured below), just tie two knots at the ends of a strand and glue them in place over the holes.
5. Once everything is in place, all that’s left to do is come up with your bucket list and enter it in! I used a chalk marker to make it look cleaner but any chalk would do. Don’t forget to season your chalkboard with a layer of chalk before using it the first time though!
I received some of these craft supplies as partial compensation from Consumer Crafts. This tutorial may also contain affiliate links that help me keep Tried & True tutorials and printables free!