Looking for a fun and easy Easter project? Look no further! With Infusible Ink, you can create a super cute and easy Easter Bunny Hoodie in no time at all. This project is perfect for both children and adults, and it can be made in any color or style that you desire. We will provide some background on Infusible Ink and how to use it to create your very own Easter Bunny Hoodie, so read on to get started!
Want to watch a quick video tutorial instead?
Here’s a quick run-through of how I made the Easter Bunny Hoodie just in case you like watching tutorials instead of reading them!
Background on Infusible Ink
Infusible Ink is Cricut’s version of sublimation. It is perfect for crafting projects, and it can be used to create everything from t-shirts to hoodies to aprons. Infusible Ink comes in a variety of colors, and it is easy to use. Simply cut out your design using a Cricut machine, weed out the excess material, and heat it up with an Easy Press or other high-temperature heat press. Your design will be permanently attached to your fabric in just a few seconds!
Since Infusible Ink is infused directly into the fabric, this is a perfect option for items made for kids. You don’t have to worry about the ink fading or peeling off over time, and it is also machine-washable. That’s exactly why I went with Infusible Ink for the bunny ears!
Tips for using Infusible Ink
When using Infusible Ink, it is important to remember a few key tips:
Infusible Ink Tips:
- Be sure to use a high temp heat press when applying the ink. A regular household iron will not get hot enough to properly fuse the ink to your fabric.
- You’ll need to mirror your design before cutting or else it’ll infuse backward.
- Weed out all of the excess material before heat pressing your design. This is easiest if you first bend and fold the cut lines.
- Definitely use a healthy amount of heat-resistant tape to keep the design from shifting during heating.
- Take time to enjoy the reveal. It’s my favorite part!
- Basic hooded sweatshirt
- Microfiber towel (Dollar Tree) or another sublimation-friendly fabric
- Cricut cutting machine
- Infusible Ink Pink
- Black Heat Transfer Vinyl
- (Optional) Pink & White Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Sewing Materials
- Free Bunny Ears Hoodie Pattern (see below)
How to make an Easter Bunny Hoodie
Now that you know a little bit more about Infusible Ink, it’s time to make an Easter Bunny Hoodie!
- Use the free Bunny Ears Pattern to cut four shapes from the microfiber towel. Sew around the edges (1/4″ seam) to create two bunny ears.
- Flip ears right side out and sew around the edges again (1/4″ seam).
- Use the free pattern to cut the inner ear section from the pink Infusible Ink.
- Use the manufacturer’s instructions to apply to each ear.
- Fold the ears in half and sew along the top of the hoodie.
- Use a Cricut machine to cut out a bunny face from black heat transfer vinyl and apply it to the hoodie.
Tried & True Library members can use their password and download the free file immediately. Not a member yet? Just enter your info below, and we’ll email you the password!
Ways to customize Easter Bunny Hoodie
There are tons of ways to customize this Easter Bunny Hoodie:
- Choose a color or style for your hoodie
- Select Easter-themed designs or create your own
- Add a bunny tail or some paws
- Choose a light or dark fabric for the hoodie
- Add some wording to the front. I’m thinking of adding my “Hip Hop Easter Bunny SVG” to the front of my daughter’s hoodie.
I’m super excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program. Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and express your gratitude directly on my website. I can’t tell you how happy it makes me when I get a new sticker from a reader!
There are several stickers to pick from, and each time you send a sponsored sticker, you may add a personal note that I appreciate. These virtual stickers translate into direct income to help fund the time and effort that goes into producing the material on my blog.
You’ll find the Thank You With Google option on my site in various locations, including as a sidebar and at the bottom of articles. If you give it a go, let me know what you think, and thank you for your continued support!
Looking for more Cricut help?
- “Let’s Go” World Free Family Vacation SVG for Cricut & Silhouette!
- What is Cricut Design Space and What Does It Do?
- Cricut Maker Vs. Cricut Explore: Everything You Need To Know!
So there you have it! A super easy Easter Bunny Hoodie that can be customized in any way that you desire. Thanks for reading, and happy Easter crafting!
Leave A Reply!