Celebrate your love of reading with this Book Lover Coloring Page! Perfect for readers of all ages!
I remember when we had a brand new little reader in the house and it seriously sent shivers down my spine every time I overheard him sounding out his words. I was an avid reader as a child (and as an adult!) and have such fond memories of curling up next to a book, wishing it would never end. That’s why I made this Book Lover Coloring Page!
Creating a Book Lover
A few years ago, I found a box of old books that had kept me company during my childhood. Flipping through the worn pages was like reconnecting with long lost friends! I want my kids to know that joy.
Some of the things that I feel have helped my boys become book lovers:
- We buy tons of books from thrift stores. Hard to say there isn’t anything that interests you when there are books everywhere!
- Reading time is never used as a punishment. In fact, we’ve done the opposite. Reading time as a family before bed is a luxury and reward for getting all other responsibilities done in a timely manner.
- They get to choose what they want to read. Even if it’s the latest adventures of Farty McBottoms or whatever. It may not be what I would choose to read but they have to have some control.
- We limit screen time so that there’s room in their life for books. Even as an adult, it’s hard to say no to a screen. Can you imagine as a kid?
Here are some more simple ideas on how to get your kids to love to read from Like a Bubbling Brook!
I made this Book Lover Coloring Page to celebrate the love of all things literary. Is there anything quite so lovely as getting lost in a book? I think not. Hope you enjoy coloring it!
Download Book Lover free coloring page!
Want more fun coloring pages?
- Toy Story Free Printable & Coloring Page
- “Be Bold” Free Coloring Page
- Love and Laundry Coloring Page
- Love Never Dies Coloring Page
- Free Coloring Pages