This project is so ridiculously easy, I almost don’t want to post it. But isn’t that the true spirit of Halloween? Using things around the house to decorate? All of my favorite Halloween costumes from when I was a kid were the ones my Mom was still putting together at midnight the night before Halloween. Some how she always got them done and we always rocked the costumes! So in the spirit of a handmade Halloween, here’s a quick tutorial on how to make your own house zombies.
– xacto knife
– zombie silhouettes
1. Figure out what you want your zombies to look like. Unless you’ve got a projector, this will just be for inspiration since you’ll have to freehand the images on your cardboard pieces. There are a number of ways to look for images; google search, download photoshop shape or dingbat. Remember, you can always add your own special details! We exposed some of the arm bones and added a hatchet to one of our zombies.
2. Cut cardboard to the size of your window.
3. If you’re lucky enough to have or can borrow a projector, just project the desired image on the cardboard and copy all the necessary lines. If not, just kind of freehand it. They don’t have to be perfect. For goodness sake, they’re just zombies!
4. Use an xacto or any other sharp knife to follow lines. Careful with your fingers!
5. Spray or paint over cut cardboard with black paint. (Optional because it’ll work at night either way. The black paint improves the apperance during the day though.)
6. Enjoy your new visitors!