This Homemade Mulling Spices Gift is perfect when paired with a bottle of red wine or apple cider. Tastes delicious and smells amazing too!
I wish I had Willy Wonka’s Smell-O-Vision right now because these Homemade Mulling Spices smell amazing! Seriously. They smell like what the holidays feel like: warm, comforting, and oh-so-delicious.
If you’re looking for a great gift to give co-workers, neighbors, or friends, look no further! When paired with a bottle of red wine or apple cider, these spices make the perfect holiday gift.
Yay for Mulled Wine!
Homemade Mulling Spices
- 2 tbsp cloves whole
- 4 star anise whole
- 4 tbsp dried orange peel
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp peppercorn whole
- 4 tbsp allspice berries whole
- 2 tbsp crystalized ginger
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Gather your ingredients. Keep in mind that you don't have to add all of the ingredients I listed above. Use whatever you have or can easily find.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. If you're planning on storing the spices in small bags, you may have to crush the ingredients a bit to get the cinnamon and dried oranges to fit.
- If you want to make the "tea bag" version, fold a coffee strainer in a tea bag shape and fill each side with spices. You can see how to fold the tea bag HERE.
- Add the front and back labels to the spice bag and place on wine or cider bottle.
- If you're planning on making your own labels, add the following directions for use: Combine the wine and spices in a sauce pan and simmer for 25 minutes (do not boil). Serve warm and enjoy!
Homemade Mulling Spices Gift Tags
I partnered with OnlineLabels.com to create super easy gift tags to make giving this gift even easier! I used two of their Wine Bottle Tags to sandwich a bag of spices in between. Follow the link below to print out your own Mulling Spices Gift Tags that can even be customized!
Hope you enjoy making and gifting this Homemade Mulling Spices Holiday Gift! Don’t forget to make yourself a batch if you do make it though. Once you smell how amazing all the ingredients are together, you’re definitely going to want some!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN FOR LATER!