While nothing can replace social distancing and hand washing, the CDC now recommends using face masks while in public. I made these cute Animal Face Masks to help my kids understand their importance!
I was inspired to make these animal-themed masks after watching the Dolittle DVD I bought at Walmart. It’s a great family-friendly movie about friendship with a healthy dose of action and adventure! My kids fell in love with all the animal characters so, of course, it made sense to make some animal face masks for them.
You can find the Dolittle DVD at Walmart and Walmart.com now!
Face Mask Tutorial
Animal Face Masks
- 1/4 yd cotton fabric (use scraps if you have them!)
- 1 piece iron-on vinyl black
- 1 20" elastic
- fitted face mask pattern (there are tons available online)
- Free Animal Faces SVG (download below)
- Use your Fitted Face Mask Pattern to cut out shapes from fabric.
- Sew the curved sides of both the outer and inner fabric together. Fold the edges of the inner fabric in 1/4" and sew along hem.
- Use the Free Animal Faces SVG to cut desired face from heat transfer vinyl. Apply to the center of the outer fabric with small iron.
- With the wrong sides facing out, sew the inner and outer fabric together. Flip right side out and press seams.
- Sew 1/8" along the top and bottom edges. Fold the outer fabric edges in 1/4" twice and press. Sew along the inner edge to create a pocket for elastic to go through.
- Cut a 20" section of elastic and push through the outer pockets. For best fit, place mask on child and then tie elastic.
Free Animal Faces SVG
I’ve designed four animal faces that you are free to use on your Animal Face Masks! There’s a cat, panda, bear, and dog option that your kids are sure to love.
If you’re already a member of the T&T Creative Library, you can use your password to grab them there. If not, just enter your info below and we’ll make sure you get it!
Enjoy the Dolittle DVD
Hope you enjoy watching the Dolittle DVD as much my family did! These are tough times and we’re super thankful for any movie that adds some laughs to our day.
Let me know if you have any questions about how to make these Animal Face Masks and I’ll do my best to answer them!
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #DolittleAtWalmart http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV