Who loves brown paper packages tied up in string? Me, me, me! That’s why I was thrilled when Rachel of Lines Across and Let’s Wrap Stuff asked me to participate in her Brown Paper Packages blog hop. With two little boys running around, it’s hard to find a whole lot of time to create extravagant wrapping jobs so I went with a super easy but cute Chalkboard Gift Tags & Ornaments to embellish my brown packages.
Chalkboard Gift Tags & Ornaments
Making these chalkboard gift tags can be super easy and quick as long as you know one little secret…use white graphite paper! It totally looks like chalk but without all the mess. You can either free hand the design over the graphite paper or print out an image and trace. Either way, you’re going to want to finish the “chalkboard” with a clear coat of spray sealant to prevent the image from smearing.
After you finish the tag, just wrap up the gift with some pretty ribbon and brown paper, add a sprig from your Christmas tree with a few red bells attached, attach the chalkboard gift tag, and you’re good to go! Such an easy way to create a gorgeous gift!
More Brown Paper Packages
This fall, Rachel of Lines Across launched Let’s Wrap Stuff, a website devoted to all things gift wrap related. To celebrate its launch, Rachel challenged me and a select group of talented bloggers to come up with a creative gift wrap idea using plain kraft paper. Who doesn’t love brown paper packages tied up with string? Check out all 24 creative kraft paper gift wrap ideas below.
1. Pom Pom Ice Cream Cone Gift Wrap by Let’s Wrap Stuff
2. Embroidered Wrapping Paper by Lines Across
3. Holiday Lights Gift Wrap by Burlap and Blue
4. Printable DIY Watercolor Gift Tags by Dawn Nicole
5. Chalkboard Painted Wrapping Paper by The Winthrop Chronicles
6. Let it Snow Neighbor Gift Printable by Ginger Snap Crafts
7. Upcycled Cardboard Gift Tags 3 Ways by Eat. Sleep. Make.
8. Kraft Paper Gift Card Envelope Printables by Delia Creates
9. Make + Give Christmas Tree Gift Topper by Make and Tell
10. DIY Wrench Wrapping Paper by Maker Mama
11. DIY Stamped Trees Gift Wrap by Shaken Together Life
12. Brown Paper Packages by Delineate Your Dwelling
13. Yarn Tassel Gift Wrap 2 Ways by Hands Occupied
14. Holiday Writing with Washi Tape by Club Chica Circle
15. Glitter-Dipped Gift Tags by The Thinking Closet
16. Coffee Container Christmas Gift Tags by Simply Kelly Designs
17. Gift Wrapping Ideas by C.R.A.F.T.
18. Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas by Making Home Base
19. Sewn Brown Paper Gift Card Gift Giving by Dream a Little Bigger
20. Chalkboard Gift Tag & Ornament by Tried and True
21. Easy Holly Ornament Gift Tag by Rae Gun Ramblings
22. Printable Hand-Lettered Christmas Tags by Persia Lou
23. Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas by Eighteen25
24. Washi Tape Christmas Tree Gift Card Box by That’s What Che Said
Comments & Reviews
keri @ shaken together says
I just love everything you do – pinned these!!
Rachel (Lines Across) says
I love the idea of using an ornament as a gift tag, and the chalkboard one works so well! I love how your gift wrap turned out… especially those little red bells! Thanks for sharing Vanessa and for being a part of the series!
This is gorgeous!