I know this is such a cliche but I cannot believe that my son is starting Kindergarten this year. <insert sad face> Where the heck does five years go? Seems like just yesterday we were knee deep in diapers and swaddling blankets. Now we’re entering the world of supply lists, PTAs, sack lunches and of course, Teacher Gifts!
I wanted to make a Back-to-School Teacher’s Gift that would be super cute but also practical and compact. Mints for the win! What teacher wouldn’t appreciate some? I added a small booklet of interesting facts or “Ice Breakers” to play off the name of the mints. Super corney, I know!
I created the St. Paddy’s Day Pinch Free Card tutorial as a member of Lifestyle Studios. Feel free to use my super secret code “TRIEDTRUE” for 20% off any purchase at the We R Memory Keepers/Lifestyle store! This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience and to assist in the maintenance of this site.
Ice Breaker Back-To-School Teacher’s Gift
- Ice Breakers Mints
- Ice Breakers Free Printable Labels
- Decorative Paper
- SewEasy Baker’s Twine – Red
- Evolution Die Cutting Tool
- Lifestyle Crafts It Kits – Label It
- Sticky Thumb Tape
- Sticky Thumb Dimensionals
(Update: I switched out the “Favorite Toy” category for “Favorite Hobby” so that the printable could be used by a wider age group. Thanks for the suggestion, Mom2ShimmerandShine!)
1. Print and cut out the Ice Breakers Free Printable Labels. Use the included template to cut out the large circle out of decorative paper.
2. Fold the printable label either by hand or with the super handy We R Memory Keepers Trim & Score Board.
3. Use the Evolution Die Cutting Tool to cut out the the small label you’ll place behind the apple cut-out to hold the ribbon in place.
4. Use the Sticky Thumb Tape to easily adhere all the cutouts in place. Seriously one of my favorite tools! It’ll cut your crafting time in half.
5. Stick the large decorative paper circle to the top of the mint container, over a strand of the baker’s twine.
6. Adhere the green label to the center of the label and thread the baker’s twine through. Apply the apple label with a couple strips of Sticky Thumb Dimensionals. Tie off the baker’s twine to keep everything in place.
We are officially ready for his very first First Day of School! <sob> Hope you guys found this tutorial helpful and have a great school year. I’d love to see all your back-to-school crafts so make sure to tag me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook!