This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience and to assist in the maintenance of this blog.
Can anyone ever have too many tote bags? Especially super cute ones with glitter?! I think not. Although it’s a great gift for any age, this Valentine’s Day Tote Bag (originally written for Crafts Unleashed) is great to make for or with the tween girls in your life.
A fun project that won’t make your 12 year old roll her eyes? Total score, right? I’m not sure if the young people are still using the term “Totes” for “totally” but even if it’s somewhat out of fashion, it’s Valentine’s Day…you’re suppose to be cheesy!
Valentine’s Day Tote Bag & Printable Tag
– White Cotton Tote Bag
– Martha Stewart Crafts™ Punch All Over the Page™ – Heart or Cutting Machine
– Fabric Paint or Acrylic Paint with Fabric Medium
– Freezer Paper
– “You’re Totes Awesome!” gift tag
– Baker’s Twine
1. Use a heart punch to cut out approximately 100 hearts out of the freezer paper (you may need more or less with different sized bags). Alternately, you can use a cutting machine (I love my Silhouette!) to cut out all the hearts as well.
4. Apply a thin layer of fabric paint to the exposed bag. I’d suggest applying multiple thin layers instead of one super heavy layer of paint to prevent the color from soaking through to the other side.
7. Optional: Optional: Depending on the look you want to achieve, you can go in and hand paint a few of the hearts. I’m kinda crazy about gold glitter right now so I went the gold/matte gray route but I’d love to see this with gray and bright pink too!
8. If you’re planning on giving your Valentine’s Day Tote Bag as a gift, feel free to print and attach the free “You’re Totes Awesome!” gift tag.
Don’t forget to check out my other fun Valentine’s Day projects:
“Thumb-Body Loves You!” Sweetheart Thumbtacks
I Love Everything Coloring Print“We’re Better Together!” Valentine’s Day Card
Homemade Apple Sauce Valentine
Valentine’s Day Toilet Paper Roll Heart Stamp
Honey Strawberry Sugar Scrub
Homemade Magic Shell