I almost forgot to share the Thanksgiving Gratitude Calendar I designed for Crafts Unleashed last year! Where are the weeks going? Since you just have to download and trace the free printable, there’s still plenty of time to make and enjoy before Thanksgiving! This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience and to assist in the maintenance of this site. Please refrain from using for commercial purposes.
Thanksgiving Gratitude Calendar
- Wood Framed Vertical Chalkboard (24×10.5)
- White Paint Pen
- Extra Fine Sandpaper
- White Transfer Paper
- Be Thankful Free Printables (Page 1 & Page 2)
2. Place an appropriately sized piece of transfer paper in between chalkboard and printables (chalky side down!) and use a pencil to trace around the letters, numbers, and lines.
3. Remove papers and tape. Fill in any spots you may have missed with a pencil.
4. Following the lines left by the transfer paper, use your white paint pen to carefully color in the image. Try to use the least amount of paint as possible, it’ll look better when you go to sandpaper the letters and lines.
5. Once the paint is completely dry, take your super fine sandpaper and gently go over everything. This is where the white paint magically turns into permanent chalk! I love this step.
And that’s it! Use either a piece of chalk or a chalk marker to fill in the Thanksgiving Gratitude Calendar with everything you have to be thankful for. I originally made this for Thanksgiving last year but we enjoyed it so much, it stayed up the entire year. Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Here are some more Thanksgiving projects from some of my favorite bloggers:
- Thanksgiving Tradition Idea
- Thanksgiving Table Runner
- Thankful Jar
- How to Make a Thankful Tree
- Gratitude Chain
- DIY Thankful Journal
- Thankful Chart