This Chocolate Rice Pudding is a WeAllGrow Latina sponsored post for Nesquik.
For the most part, we try to limit our two boys’ extra curricular activities so that they’re not over-booked and I’m not over-exhausted from driving them around. I am a firm believe in the importance of unstructured play! As much as I love keeping their schedule open, we’ve found that it’s drastically important to have my kids involved in weekly physical activities to not only strengthen their muscles but to begin positive habits that will continue through their lifetime. That’s why I make sure to have satisfying snacks like this Instant Pot Chocolate Rice Pudding easily available after strenuous activities!
Making this recipe is crazy easy since it only requires a few ingredients and can be cooked entirely in a pressure cooker. I used Arborio rice, which is usually used for risotto, because it cooks into a naturally creamy consistency but any short grain rice will do as well. Just wait until you get a whiff of the amazing aroma of the rice cooking with the cinnamon sticks. Perfect for a cool Autumn day!
After the rice has cooked perfectly, you’re going to add the rest of the ingredients to the rice. Using Nesquik not only makes my job a little easier but studies suggest that low-fat chocolate milk may contain the ideal 3:1 ratio of carbohydrates-to-protein that can help restore tired muscles after a tough practice or game. Plus, as part of the ongoing nutrition and health efforts, Nesquik ready-to-drink chocolate milk is free of artificial colors and sweeteners which I totally appreciate. I know that my boys are physically and mentally drained after their Kung Fu practices so having Chocolate Rice Pudding ready to eat out of small mason jar saves everyone’s sanity!
- 1 cups arborio rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 1/2 cups Nesquik chocolate milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add rice, water, salt, and cinnamon sticks to pressure cooker. Lock lid and set on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- After time has expired, allow for Natural Pressure Release. (about 10 minutes)
- Open lid and add two cups of Nesquik ready-to-drink chocolate milk. Stir completely.
- Whisk 1/2 cup Nesquik ready-to-drink chocolate milk with eggs and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Slowly add to rice.
- Stirring constantly, press the "Saute" button and allow mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove pot and transfer contents to smaller serving bowls. Eat immediately or refrigerate to cool.
So easy and delicious, right? Nesquik has partnered with the captain of the Mexico national soccer team, Rafa Marquez, to spread information on the importance of eating right and getting essential vitamins and minerals within 30 minutes of prolonged activity. Check out this Nesquik YouTube Video for more info. Also, Nesquik has generously sponsored a giveaway for a signed soccer ball from Rafa Marquez to one lucky reader.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nesquik. and WeAllGrow Latina. However, all opinions expressed are mine.