Mermaids have always been a favorite among people of all ages. They are magical creatures that live in the depths of the ocean and only come out to play with humans when they need our help. That’s why we created this free SVG file for you to use with your Cricut machine, Silhouette Cameo, or any other cutting machine!
All you have to do is download the free mermaid SVG and then cut it out using your favorite blade on your cutting machine. The design will come as an SVG file, so you can use it again as many times as you wish without having to pay for each time!
Don’t forget to check out all the other mermaid-themed free SVG files below!
Why A Free Mermaid SVG File?
One of the reasons mermaids are so popular is that they are said to have magical powers. Mermaid sightings have been reported for many centuries, and numerous mermaid legends exist.
The mermaid is a magical creature that can enchant humans if they don’t watch out! That’s why it’s only natural to want to have mermaids as part of your wardrobe. Who wouldn’t want to have a mermaid t-shirt that could bring you luck or mermaid-themed artwork in your home?
That’s why we think mermaids are a great design for any cutting machine. I am quite partial to my Cricut Maker but the free svg file will work with any of the machines. You can use this free SVG mermaid file to make great decorations and can even be used as invitations to mermaid-themed parties!
How To Use Free SVG Files
Don’t worry if you’re new to downloading SVG files! It’s super easy to do!
The first thing you’ll have to do is sign up below to receive the Tried & True Creative Library password emailed to you. You’ll also be subscribed to our free newsletter, but you’re more than welcome to unsubscribe (although you won’t be notified of new free SVG files if you do!)
Once you have the password, click on the free SVG mermaid image in the Creative Library, and a new window will open with the free SVG files. From there, you can download the SVG file to your computer to be used with any digital cutting machine.
If you have any questions or problems using the mermaid SVG free file, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be sure to answer your question as soon as possible!
What Can You Make?
There are plenty of mermaid SVG files out there, but here are some ideas on how you can use mermaid SVG with your Cricut machine!
- Mermaid-themed Cards: Who said these free mermaid SVG files had to be used as wall decor only? You could also make mermaid cards that look like they’re straight off the ocean!
- We love mermaid-themed birthday party invitations, and mermaid SVG files are great for making mermaid invitations. They’re also perfect if you want to create mermaid gift tags or even mermaid cupcake toppers!
- What about some apparel that can be made with these free mermaid SVG files?
- Mermaid aprons for the chef in your home – They’ll add a splash of color to anyone’s kitchen. Grab a blank apron HERE!
- Mermaid-themed T-shirts – You have so much freedom when it comes to mermaid t-shirt designs! These free mermaid SVG files will help you create mermaid shirts, tank tops, and even mermaid dresses for adults and children alike. Check out my favorite blank t-shirts!
- Mermaid blankets are not just for children! You can also make a mermaid blanket for yourself after you download free SVG. It will be great in cold weather or even if you’re looking to add a mermaid touch to your home. Here’s an inexpensive option!
- The mermaid SVG file is perfect for mermaid apparel and accessories, but it’s also great on regular paper! You can use the free SVG mermaid to create mermaid art that you’ll want on your wall or mermaid invitations.
Members of the Tried & True Library can use their password and download the free file immediately. Not a member yet? Just enter your info below, and we’ll email you the password!
More Free Mermaid SVG Files
We’ve teamed up with other mermaid lovers to bring you even more mermaid-themed free files. These free SVG files are perfect for any occasion, from mermaid tail SVG files to aquatic-themed banners! Just click on the links below to go directly to each blog’s mermaid download page.
Tattoo Style Salty Mermaid by Persia Lou
Print and Cut Mermaids by Amy Robinson
Seashell Mini Pinata by Studio Xtine
Mermaid Mode by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
Mermaid Zipper Pouch by Oh Yay Studio
Mermaid Scales Banner by Gina C. Creates
Forever Mermaid Tail by Pen + Posh
Make a Big Splash by Kayla Makes
Salty and Sweet Mermaid by Poofy Cheeks Blog
Mermaid Craft Container by Me and My Inklings
Mermaid Scales Heart by Liz on Call
Mermaid Box Cards by The Bearded Housewife
Vintage Sunset Salty Mermaid by The Walnut Street House
Mermaid Kisses and Starfish Wishes by Sunshine and Munchkins
Sparkle Shine Make a Splash by Lettered by Stephanie
Mermaid Vibes Only by Tam’s Sweet Life
Vitamin Sea Mermaid by Spot of Tea Designs
Mermaid Essentials by Simply Made Fun
Free as the Ocean by Tried & True Creative
Summer Mermaid by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
We hope that you enjoy this mermaid SVG free file for your Cricut machine (or any other digital cutting machine!) and that it helps you create mermaid-themed t-shirts, cards, and more! If you use this mermaid SVG file to make mermaid apparel or mermaid DIY projects, tag us on Instagram @triedandtruecreative! We would love to share your creations with our followers. Happy cutting!