Oh no, you totally forgot that your kid’s last day of school is tomorrow and you need 20+ little (and cheap!) gifts to give their classmates! What are you going to do?
Flip Flop Pops to the rescue!
Flip Flop Pops
- Vanilla Flavored Melting Wafers (I used dark green, light blue, and yellow)
- Flip Flop Shaped Cookies (I used Nutter Butter)
- Lollipop Sticks
- Dipping Tools Set
- Clear Treat Bags (3×10)
- Disposable Decorating Bags
- Baker’s Twine
- Free Printable Labels
Step 1: Ok, first things first…you’re going to have to flatten one end of all the lollipop sticks (compare sticks below) so that they will fit better between the cookies. I found that my super heavy marble rolling pin worked amazingly well, but use anything heavy that you have hanging out in your kitchen. (Rolling pin, bowling ball, elephant…) 😀
Step 2: Melt wafers using one of the suggestions listed on the bag. I used the double boiler method and found it to be super easy. There are two ways to go about covering the cookies:
- 2A. You can dip the cookies until completely covered in the candy coating, place on a rack, and then insert the lollipop stick through the end. Then, add a little bit more of the melted candy over the edge of the cookie to make sure the stick is secure.
- 2B. Separate a cookie, spoon a thin line of candy coating in the center of one side, lay down the stick, and then squeeze the two cookie sides together again. Allow to harden before dipping the whole pop back in the candy to coat completely.
Step 3: Fill three of the disposable decorating bags with the rest of the melted candy. Cut off the tip and pipe the flip flop “strap” onto the pops. Continue to add any decorations you desire.
Step 4: Trim the clear treat bags to size, pinch center and then secure with a small piece of Baker’s Twine and free printable Flip Flop Pops labels.
Done and done. Now all you have to do is try and keep the kids away long enough to be able to gift these!
Disclosure: This post was originally written for Crafts Unleashed for which I received compensation. Affiliate links may be present.
Comments & Reviews
[email protected] Boppy says
CUTE!! Love the little tags, too. Great teachers gift idea!
Courtney @ Golden Boys and Me says
These are adorable and I love the labels, too. Thanks for a great idea!