It seems like everyone around me is either pregnant or about to embark on some other life changing event these days (Including my awesome little sister, go Adri!). I thought would revisit the Congrats Banner Card I originally posted over at Crafts Unleashed because who wouldn’t love to get a pennant flag banner in the mail?! This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience and to assist in the maintenance of Tried & True.
Congrats Banner Card
- Chipboard Alphabet Letters
- Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter – Smokey Quartz
- Zig Squeeze & Roll Jumbo Tip Glue
- Matte Finish Spray
- Double Sided Hercules Tape
- Baker’s Twine – Black/White
- Embossing Tool
- “Congratulations!” Free Printable
1. Spread a layer of glue over the front of a chipboard letter and apply a generous amount of glitter. Tap off excess glitter and place letter off to the side to dry. Return excess glitter to container. Repeat with all letters and allow to dry completely. Add a protective coat of matte spray to prevent the glitter from getting everywhere!
2. Make a pennant flag template and cut out 8 flags. If you’re using the exact same letters I did, you can make your flags 3×5. If not, just make sure you leave enough room at the top to fold over.
6. Print out the “Congratulations” free printable tag and add to the end of the banner.
Your “Congrats” card is done! All you need to do is throw it in a large envelope and mail it away to one lucky recipient! You could even add a gift card to the back of the “Congratulations!” tag if you want. Either way, someone is definitely going to have a happy mail day!