With their minimal lines and clean features, it’s no wonder I’m a huge fan of all things Scandinavian design (or Scandi for short.) That’s why, when Expressions Vinyl asked if I wanted to be a part of their Stocking Blog Hop, I instantly knew that I wanted to make a Scandi Inspired Felt Stocking!
Scroll to the bottom to enter the Expressions Vinyl Giveaway!
If I was going for 100% authentic, I would have used felt to cut out each of these shapes and then hand sewn them in place. As lovely as that is, ain’t nobody got time for that! So instead I used Illustrator to create the design and my handy Silhouette Cameo to cut it out Expressions Vinyl’s EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl. I know I’ve mentioned it before but I seriously love working with EV products. They never give me any problems when cutting, weeding, or applying!
After the vinyl was cut and weeded, I cut two stocking shaped pieces of felt from my Retro Space Age Stocking Pattern. I applied all the vinyl pieces and then sewed it all up together with a blanket stitch around the edges. I love my beautiful new Scandi Inspired Felt Stocking!
Over at the Expressions Vinyl Facebook Page they are having a rock your stockings contest! People can upload a picture of a stocking they fancied up using vinyl! And they asked some of their favorite bloggers to get the ball rolling with some fun ideas! (You can enter to win a gift card–but I also have a gift card for $100 to Expressions Vinyl at the bottom of this post! )
1. Faux wool sock from Fynes Design
2. Personalized stockings from Maybe I will
3. Gift card holder from 733 blog
4. Customized stocking from Artsy Fartsy mama
5. Stocking tag from Strawberry Mommy Cakes
6. Stocking pillow from One Krieger chick
7. Stocking shirt from Pitter and Glink
8. Stocking banner by Sugar Bee crafts
9. Boy Scout stocking from mm scrap shoppe
10. No sew from Holy craft
11. Personalized Pajamas from Ginger snap crafts
12. Diy Stockings from Mabey she made it
13. Stocking with car from Kiki Comin
14.Personalized stockings from Craftily ever after
15. Burlap Joy stocking from A girl and a glue gun
16. stocking placecard from Crafting in the rain
17. Scandinavian inspired stocking from Tried and true
18. cute stocking from Flamingo Toes
Make sure to enter to win $100 gift card to Expressions Vinyl! Good Luck!