Instant Pot Vegan Posole
Yield 8 servings
Make this traditional Mexican dish in just minutes with the super handy Instant Pot!
- 1 14 oz. container of red chile puree (or google how to make your own)
- 2 25 oz. cans hominy
- 1 medium onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp oil (suitable for high temps)
- 2 20 oz cans of jackfruit
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- garnishes (see below)
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Add oil, onions, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add red chile puree and continue to cook for a minute.
- Add jackfruit and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Use a potato masher to break up the jackfruit and then add 6 cups of broth.
- Secure lid, set Instant Pot to "Manual" (and "High Pressure") and enter 10 minutes to cook.
- Allow for natural pressure release (or if you're impatient, wait 20 minutes and then release additional pressure with valve.)
- Remove lid, add hominy, and set to cook on manual for 1 minute.
- Allow for natural pressure release (or if you're impatient, wait 20 minutes and then release additional pressure with valve.) Season with salt to taste.
- Garnishes are completely up to your personal preference but can include lime juice, oregano, red pepper flakes, cilantro, shredded cabbage, and thinly sliced radishes.
Recipe by Tried & True at https://www.triedandtrueblog.com/instant-pot-vegan-posole/