Instant Pot Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
Yield 2 Small Cakes
An quick and easy Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake that you can set and forget in your Instant Pot. Perfect for brunches! Recipe makes two small cakes.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or any milk with 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, juice (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Grease and flour an appropriately sized dish for Instant Pot.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons for Step 6.
- Add zest, sugar, and room temperature butter to mixer and beat until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Add egg and vanilla to mixer and combine.
- Working 1 cup at a time, add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the sugared butter in the stand mixer. Incorporate completely before adding another cup one at a time. Remove mixer bowl.
- Lightly toss the blueberries with reserved flour and gently fold into batter.
- Pour 2/3 cup of water in Instant Pot with rack. Spoon half of batter into greased/floured dish and transfer to pressure cooker.
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure and Manual for 30 minutes.
- When done, quick release the pressure and immediately remove the cake. Allow condensation to dissipate completely before transferring to a serving dish.
- (Optional) Mix the juice from 1/2 a lemon with 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and pour over cake.
- Serve and enjoy! Visit Tried & True (triedandtrueblog.com) for more great recipes.
This recipe makes two small cakes!
Recipe by Tried & True at https://www.triedandtrueblog.com/instant-pot-lemon-blueberry-breakfast-cake/