Cream Cheese Frosted Churro Cups
A new way to make the festival staple! Tons of ways to customize with fillings of your choice.
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Flour (Gluten Free can also be substituted)
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- Oil (for frying)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Cinnamon (optional)
- Combine butter, water, and salt over high heat in large pan until butter is completely melted.
- Gradually stir in flour.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring until batter forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in beaten eggs.
- Transfer to large pastry bag with star tip.
- Pipe cup shapes onto the back of a mini cupcake tin and freeze.
- When solid, remove from freezer and allow to sit until cups are easily removed.
- Heat oil in a large pan with high walls (I used a wok) until about 350°. Carefully insert frozen churro cups.
- Remove when golden brown on both sides and transfer to a paper towel covered plate to absorb the oil.
- Pour sugar (and optional cinnamon) onto a shallow plate and dip slightly cooled churros to cover.
Recipe by Tried & True at https://www.triedandtrueblog.com/cream-cheese-frosted-churro-cups/