Chayote Guacamole Plantain Cups
A great Costa Rican influenced appetizer to serve during the World Cup!
- For Tostones
- 2 Plantains
- 2 Cups Coconut oil
- For Guacamole
- 4 Medium Avocados
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Chayote
- 1 Onion
- 2 Jalapenos (optional)
- Garlic Salt (to taste)
Tostones (plantain cups)
- Peel plantains and slice into 1" portions
- Deep fry in coconut oil for about 8 minutes
- Remove from oil and sandwich between two plates to flatten. Immediately press in mini cupcake tin to for cup shapes.
- Allow to cool slightly and fry again in coconut oil for 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Chop guacamole ingredients and mix together with a potato masher.
- Spoon a small amount of guacamole into each cup.
- Serve and enjoy the game!
Recipe by Tried & True at https://www.triedandtrueblog.com/chayote-guacamole-plantain-cups/